TYRX™ Neuro Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope
STABILIZES IMPLANTABLE NEUROSTIMULATORS AND HELPS REDUCE IMPLANTABLE NEUROSTIMULATOR INFECTIONS
- Unique bioabsorbable mesh.
- Specifically designed to aid in the stabilization of Implantable Neurostimulator (INS) placement.1
- Synergistic, proven combination of minocycline and rifampin elute locally into the tissue pocket enabling pocket tissue concentration levels to reach the MIC level within 2 hours of implantation and which are maintained for at least 7 days.2
- Mesh substrate absorbs into the body in ~9 weeks; no change necessary in surgical technique during replacement and revision procedures.
- After absorption, no foreign body nidus for infection.
- Associated with 70-100% fewer infections compared to patients without it.3-8
Photo courtesy of Francisco Ponce, MD, Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix.
HELPS STABILIZE INS PLACEMENT
The TYRX Neuro Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope securely holds INSs in place when implanted in the body in order to create a stable environment.2,10 The TYRX Neuro Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope reduces the chances of device migration, erosion, or Twiddler Syndrome.2,10
HELPS REDUCE INS INFECTION IN HIGH-RISK PATIENTS
The TYRX™ Neuro Antibacterial Envelope contains a combination of 2 antibacterial agents, minocycline and rifampin, which have been shown to reduce medical device infections.11-15 Synergistic, proven combination of minocycline and rifampin elute locally into the tissue pocket enabling pocket tissue concentration levels to reach the MIC level within 2 hours of implantation and which are maintained for at least 7 days.2
- TYRX Neuro Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope Instructions For Use
- Huntingdon Life Sciences Study TR-2011-054.
- Bloom HL et al. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2011;34(2):133-142.
- Henrikson CA, Citadel & Centurion Studies. Poster presentation at European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA), Cardiostim 2015.
- Kolek MJ et al. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2013;36(3):354-361.
- Mittal S et al. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11(4):595-601.
- Shariff N et al. J Cardio Electrophysiol. 2015. Online publication
- Patel N et al. Efficacy of a Bioabsorbable Antibacterial Envelope to Prevent CIED Infections in High-Risk Patients. Oral presentation at Heart Rhythm Society Annual Scientific Sessions, Heart Rhythm May Supplement. 2015;12(5)
- Data on File, 061715-1
- Hirsh J. EP Lab Digest, July 2012;12(7).
- Hanna H et al. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22(15):3163-3171.
- Leon C et al. Intensive Care Med. 2004;30(10):1891-1899.
- Zabramski JM et al. J Neurosurg. 2003;98(4):725-730.
- Chatzinikolaou I et al. Am J Med. 2003;115(5):352-357.
- Raad I et al. Ann Intern Med. 1997;128(4):267-274.