TYRX™ Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope
STABILIZES CIED PLACEMENT AND HELPS REDUCE CIED INFECTIONS.
- Unique bioabsorbable mesh
- Specifically designed to aid in the stabilization of CIED placement.1
- Synergistic, proven combination of minocycline and rifampin elute locally into the tissue pocket enabling pocket tissue concentration levels to reach the MIC level within 2 hours of implantation and which are maintained for at least 7 days.2
- Mesh substrate absorbs into the body in ~9 weeks; no change necessary in surgical technique during replacement and revision procedures.
- After absorption, no foreign body nidus for infection.
- Associated with 70-100% fewer infections compared to patients without it.3-8
- Potentially reduce costs by as much as $50,000 for every 100 envelopes used with high-risk CIED patients.9
Helps stabilize CIED Placement
The TYRX™ Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope provides Perfect-Pocket™ Protection by securely holding CIEDs in place when implanted in the body in order to create a stable environment.2,10 The TYRX™ Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope reduces the chances of device migration, erosion, or Twiddler Syndrome.2,10
HELPS REDUCE CIED INFECTION IN HIGH-RISK PATIENTS
The TYRX™ Antibacterial Envelope contains a combination of 2 antibacterial agents, minocycline and rifampin, which have been shown to reduce medical device infections.11-15 Synergistic, proven combination of minocycline and rifampin elute locally into the tissue pocket enabling pocket tissue concentration levels to reach the MIC level within 2 hours of implantation and which are maintained for at least 7 days.2
- TYRX Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope Instructions For Use.
- Huntingdon Life Sciences Study TR-2011-054.
- Bloom HL et al. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2011;34(2):133-142.
- Henrikson CA, Citadel & Centurion Studies. Poster presentation at European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA), Cardiostim 2015.
- Kolek MJ et al. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2013;36(3):354-361.
- Mittal S et al. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11(4):595-601.
- Shariff N et al. J Cardio Electrophysiol. 2015. Online publication
- Patel N et al. Efficacy of a Bioabsorbable Antibacterial Envelope to Prevent CIED Infections in High-Risk Patients. Oral presentation at Heart Rhythm Society Annual Scientific Sessions, Heart Rhythm May Supplement. 2015;12(5)
- Data on File, 061715-1
- Hirsh J. EP Lab Digest, July 2012;12(7).
- Hanna H et al. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22(15):3163-3171.
- Leon C et al. Intensive Care Med. 2004;30(10):1891-1899.
- Zabramski JM et al. J Neurosurg. 2003;98(4):725-730.
- Chatzinikolaou I et al. Am J Med. 2003;115(5):352-357.
- Raad I et al. Ann Intern Med. 1997;128(4):267-274.