Receiving a Heart Device Implant?
Learn how the TYRX™ Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope can help minimize the risk of Surgical Site Infection (SSI).
TYRX™ Antibacterial Envelopes have been implanted in thousands of patients with impressive results. Multiple clinical studies have shown that patients at high-risk for heart device infection who are implanted with TYRX™ Antibacterial Envelopes had 70% to 100% fewer infections than similar patients who did not receive them.1-6
The TYRX™ Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope is an FDA-cleared, fully-absorbable antibacterial device that is designed to stabilize cardiac device placement and can help reduce the risk of Surgical Site Infection.7
Ask your doctor about TYRX™ Antibacterial Envelopes today.
For more detailed information on the potential risk of Surgical Site Infection associated with cardiac devices go to HeartDeviceInfection.com
HeartDeviceInfection.com was created to raise awareness of the risk of Surgical Site Infection associated with cardiac devices and to offer information and resources for reducing that risk.
- Kolek MJ et al. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2013; 36(3):354-361.
- Henrickson CA, Citadel & Centurion Studies. Poster presentation at European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA), 2015.
- Bloom H et al. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2011; 34(2):133-142.
- Mittal S et al. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11(4):595-601.
- Shariff N et al. J Cardio Electrophysiol. 2015. Online publication.
- Patel N et al. Efficacy of a Bioabsorbable Antibacterial Envelope to Prevent CIED Infections in High-Risk Patients. Oral presentation at Heart Rhythm Society Annual Scientific Sessions, Heart Rhythm May Supplement. 2015;12(5).
- TYRX Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope Instructions for Use.